Monday, January 30, 2012

How do you use your bedroom

Wakefield bedroom from Bassett
Ah, how we look forward to getting into our jamies at the end of the day, to relax and destress.

How do you use your bedroom?  I love this idea of having bookshelves in the bedroom.  I am an avid reader and I am usually reading a couple of books at the same time.

This wonderful black bed, the Wakefield, from Bassett Furniture is so versatile in how it can be used.  I love it here with all the neutrals, and patterns plus the pops of color.  I have also mixed it with stained wood pieces and it looks just as fabulous.



So, where do you start with designing your bedroom?  This first thing I do is ask myself some of these questions.
  • Who is using the room,  is it for guests or a permanent resident
  • What is the traffic pattern of the room, taking in any focal points such a a view out the window
  • What is the natural light in the room,  do we need room darkening window treatments
  • Does the occupant like to read or watch TV from the bed..is there room for additional seating
Then, I measure and draw the floor plan, and that tells me what I can fit into the room, considering the
the traffic pattern and size of the bed wanted.

Try to have a comfortable chair or bench at the end of the bed for putting on your shoes, or placing the extra bed pillows when you are sleeping.  Even with wood floors, it is nice to step onto soft warm carpet when you wake in the morning.  It's important to have some type of table or chest next to the bed for a lamp, clock and book.

And don't forget as shown in the room above, don't forget a comfy spot for Fido!
Sweet dreams, and let me know if I can help you with your room...Donna






No comments:

Post a Comment