Is that how you feel, or does this picture represent a truer image of how you really feel?
Do you feel overwhemed by all you have to do?
Shop, wrap, bake, entertain, send cards & greetings.....
It can be too much, but not if you get organized and put together a priority list.
Here are some ideas that may help.
- If you have gifts to purchase & ship, take care of them first. If you order a gift on line, then you won't have to worry about the shipping aspect.
- If you have many small gifts, hostess or thank yous, purchase things that are gender neutral and in a price range that feel is appropriate. Then put them in a basket to be used throughout the year. This would be a good time to start with that type of item. Ornaments, boxed sets of cards, bottles of an interesting wine from a small or local vineyard, picture frames that can be personalized for the recipient. These are all things that would be appreciated by most gift receivers.
- Every sitting area should have a landing spot for a drink.
- Set up small conversation areas, and keep spaces open for mingling.
- Set up stations for food & beverages. Beverages could be on the island, so you are close to ice and water. Desserts & appetizers are all you need for a gathering. And you can purchase them at a large discount store in the freezer dept. Only you will know. Remember, presentation is everything!
- Invite a variety of people who may have something in common, but will find it interesting to meet someone new. It adds spice to an event.
Remember what we said, tis the season to be jolly, and only you can control the stress you feel. Take a moment every day to just sit, breathe deep and relax. This is going to be a great holiday season!