|Beauty is in the eye of the beholder|
We are surrounded by beauty everyday in so many forms. The sunrise, the smile in your heart when you see your loved one for the first time that day. The unconditional love we receive from our pets that shows in a wagging tail.
So tell me why we are so obsessed in our society with being thin, not having any wrinkles or blemishes. Why do we spend so much time on our hair (guilty as charged)
Here's a list of all the things I find beautiful:
- the poetry of Maya Angelou
- all the great photographers who mark our histories with their cameras
- people holding hands
- nature, in it's many forms
- A mother's love, whether human or not
- fine fabrics, their weave, texture, color
- good architecture, that works with the landscape and surroundings
- furniture, with fine wood, detail, finish and proportions
- friendship, and the sharing that comes with it, in good times & bad
It doesn't come with an age, or a price tag.
It is a matter of your perspective about your surroundings and opening yourself up.