Thursday, September 15, 2011

At last.... Fall is Here

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  The air is crisp, the sun is warm and the evenings are cool.

 I get to wear layers, which is flattering to my middle aged body, and also a fashion statement!

In a couple of weeks, we'll be going up to the Blue Ridge mountains, to enjoy the colors.  They are always so stunning, especially if it is a sunny day with some clouds.

This is also one of my favorite times in the garden.
I change my flower planters, because we are lucky enough to live in a mild climate and be able to enjoy flowers all year.  I'll be putting in some hostas, cabbages, johnny jump-ups and pansies.  I'll also put in some other greens to add texture.  The baskets in this picture are a perfect example of how interesting foilage can be when there is a contrast.

Then, there is starting that first fire in the fireplace.  Love, love the smell of oak logs burning.  The crackle and flickering light is so romantic on any evening, but especially the first of the season.

What are your favorite things about fall?





No comments:

Post a Comment