Friday, July 8, 2011

Enjoying the little joys!

Are you a planner and organizer?  When I was young, I had my life all planned out.  Thinking about it with the wisdom that age has given me, all I can say is why bother?  Life is what happens when you are not looking
                                                            
Don't get me wrong, I still think we should have a plan, be prepared and all of the other things I espoused as a den mother.  But, I also believe that if we don't take time to enjoy the little joys that come along on a daily basis, we will miss a great deal.

Every morning I take my coffee out to the garden, and stroll through.  I feed my goldfish, put fresh water in the birdbaths, & water the flower containers.  I love to hear the birds waking up, and feel the cool breezes before it gets too hot.

That is when I noticed this lovely little mushroom, pushing it's way up through the center of an old stump.  With the sunlight it looked sculptural to me.  Three days later, with the heat we've had, it shriveled and disappeared!

I enjoy the unplanned surprises that life offers.  It is how we meet interesting people, see new things, and learn.  Don't be in such a hurry.  Enjoy your summer, and just let some things be.  You will find yourself much more relaxed and open to the universe.



No comments:

Post a Comment