This is a recipe for Cauliflower Soup from Tyler Florence, and you will love it!
3 tbl olive oil
6 brussel sprouts, separated into petals
3 tbl unsaled butter
1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
5 sprigs of fresh lemon thyme
2 fresh bay leaves
3 c milk
1 tbl lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly gound black pepper
- In large saucpan coat and warm olive oil
- Saute Brussel sprout leaves for 2-3 minutes until crispu around edges. Set aside and drain on paper towel
- Add butter and lightly saute cauliflower florets with onion slices
- Cook over medium heat, letting them sweat for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a sachet add thyme and bay leaves and add to saucepan, along with milk.
- Bring to simmer, and then reduce heat to low
- Cook until cauliflower if soft.
- Remove sachet and transfer mixture to blender, puree. (I usually just mash, because I like it to have a bit of texture)
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper if needed.