Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FALL FAVORITES

Country drives
 
Fall is such a wonderful season!  The air is crisp, the humidity is gone, and my energy returns. 


I love to go for long drives along the Blueridge Parkway, enjoying the sun shining through the multi-colored leaves, and seeing them drift down across the country lanes.  It is time to wear a chunky knit sweater and drink hot apple cider.


Foraging in my garden and the farmers market, I find the making for table arrangements that will last until Thanksgiving.

Some are casual and will be out on the veranda, as a welcome home in the evening.

Some  will be placed inside to add seasonal appeal to the decor.  I love to change my accessories with the seasons.  It makes everything seem new and fresh to me. 

This is when I bring out throws and more textured pillows, put away the seashells and lighter colored accessories.  I display my painting from my great-grandmother of the sheep on the hillside that she painted as a young girl in Ireland.

Rotating your accessories with the seasons gives you a new appreciation for the things you love and enjoy.    And those are the things that make the house your home.

A bit of glamour
 
Natural Arrangement
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment