Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Evolution

photo by Diane Gardner Williams
Like these baby birds, when I first started working on the computer with my business, I needed someone else to take care of my needs.

Then one day, my assistant left at my request.  After a few hours, I realized that all of my business info was 'on the computer' and I did not know the first thing about accessing it.  Bad business practice on my part.  However, that was long ago, and I have come a long way since then.  It surprises me now when someone asks me how to do something on the computer.

When I was on the design board of IDS, a very savvy designer insisted that we put everything on computer.  It seemed so unneccessary to me, and I am afraid that I was a bit resistant.  But thanks to Davetta Moore's insistance, I dove into the unknown and have not looked back since.

Doing things that seem hard to us, keeps our brains functioning.  It keeps us current with progress. It expands our horizons. 

I am proud to say that I have muddled my way to creating a website, 2 blogs, and my professional LinkedIn page.  It keeps getting easier.

So don't give up.  When it seems overwhelming, just take a small step at a time.  You'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment