Monday, January 17, 2011

Color & Style


Eclectic Vibe
COLOR FORECAST FOR SPRING

Brights are going to be seen everywhere and on everything.  These colors add such energy to your home & your clothing, as you can see in these pictures.

I have started to receive my spring merchandise for Nygard, and it is all about color.  It is refreshing after the gloomy weather we have been having.

Are you afraid of color?  Just use it for an accent as in jewelry, or shoes.  In your home a sunny room can easily handle strong, bright colors and it will be toned down with neutral furnishings.

Here are some ways to try to add more color to your home or wardrobe.
  • A bright pastel tee under a jacket, which will add new life to a basic wardrobe.
  • The jewelry styles for spring have lots of bracelets with beads of brights.
  • Have an accent wall, usually the first wall you see entering the space painted in a bold color.  Don't panic as you are painting.  You will need at least 2 coats of paint, (a tinted primer will help)  When you hang artwork, and put furnishings in front of it, I'm sure it will change the entire feel of the room.

If you need help, send me an email and I'll help you brighten up your life. Donna
donna@donnacomstockinteriors.com

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I will be the first to admit I get scared of color! Mostly, because I'm afraid I will have a lot of money invested in something I may not like for the long run. Once again, Donna takes color and introduces it in ways that you can enjoy regardless of the season! Color is small doses, like under a jacket or on an accent wall sounds perfect sounds perfect for someone like me who's scared to "commit to color".

    ReplyDelete