Monday, March 4, 2013

Remodel...Day One

Day One... 
 Well,we got up early, had coffee and jumped right into it.  All enthusiasm and energy!

 These are the reasons we are doing this project:    I felt crowded working in the kitchen with myself and my husband both being in the same corner of the work triangle.
 
 I want to be more open to the dining and living rooms while I cook so I am not cut off from the rest of my family. 
 
 Since we added a covered veranda to the back of the house right off the kitchen, it became an 'inside' room with very little natural light...I like it bright.

 The first thing we did was to start taking the popcorn finish off the ceilings next to the wall we removed.  Much easier than we thought that would be.  The trick is to get a sprayer and wet the ceiling, wait a few minutes until the 'popcorn' finish looks wet and then it just scrapes off like butter!

Time for a lunch break, went to a local place for a burger and a bit of fresh air!

 Then it was back to work.  We took down the wall that separated the small kitchen from the small dining room.

 What I want is a larger, more open space that is conducive to entertaining and being able to see into the living room when I am cooking.

It doesn't look like much yet , but I can see my vision starting to take shape.  Some of the old cabinets are in the center of the kitchen work space where the future island will be. And I love all the light flowing into the space from the east, west and north.  It will be a bright space, and have plenty of space for everyone to be involved and comfortable.

Well worth the aches and pains I am feeling this evening!        


 
 


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful goods from you, man. I have consider your stuff
    previous to and you're just extremely excellent. I actually like what you've obtained here, certainly like what you are
    stating and the best way by which you assert it. You're making it entertaining and you still care for to stay it sensible. I can not wait to learn much more from you. That is really a terrific web site.

    My webpage all inclusive us virgin island vacations

    ReplyDelete