Sunday, May 13, 2012

Handling grief and lifes difficulties

This has been an exceptionally difficult week.   I am by nature a positive person.  I try to find the silver lining, see the bright side, consider everyone's perception of the situation,  and find a solution that will work for all.

This week I have encountered a suicide because of a terminal illness, death by cancer, a friends loss of a beloved pet, and feel the  dissolution of a close relationship. 

I am also suffering a loss of cohesiveness with my work team.  A new person was hired who has totally disrupted our entire environment.  This person is surly, uncooperative, and definitely not a team player. 

I feel totally worn out.  I always try to take the high road, and be the person others want to be around.  I want to set a good example and learn all I can from the experience of others.  But right now, I want to hide under the covers!

I am hoping that having a few days off will give me a new outlook, that the sun will shine for me again.  Time in the garden, reading a book, cooking something yummy. All solitary exercises.  Do we sometimes just need to be alone to think and discern what direction to go in?





No comments:

Post a Comment