Friday, July 30, 2010

Have you really looked at your life lately?


Each New Years Day, many of us decide to make resolutions, that we usually forget about after about 2 weeks. That is just human nature. But I think this year is different. Many of us are living in different circumstances that have nothing to do with choices we have made.


But, does that mean we can't live a beautiful life just the same? Just who are you, and what does it take to make you happy? We are all so much more than how we make our living. Some of us love travel, others reading, spending time with family, gardening or tinkering in the garage or on the golf course.


It is sometimes the simplest things that will bring a smile to your face. A warm, vine ripened tomato, listening to the grandchildren laugh, or hearing the birds sing. All these things are free.


I have personally stopped watching the sensationalized news on TV. It is too depressing, and often one sided. I listen to NPR, and try to get unbiased opionions on what is happening in the world, and form my own judgements. It may make me sound small, but I am really mostly interested in myself. As I believe most people are.


By trying to make my own surroundings better, I am happier and try to spread it to everyone I meet. Doesn't a positive attitude in others make you want to spend more time in their company? Doesn't working as a team make the load lighter? PRACTICE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS. It is so satisfying, and soon becomes a habit. Don't dwell on the negative, there are too many others doing that!


Every day give yourself the gift of 15 minutes of time to do something you enjoy just for you!

It will make a huge difference in your life and interactions with others. And take the time to consider what is most important to you and your quality of life. You may discover it has nothing at all to do with money. And wouldn't that be a huge burden lifted?

No comments:

Post a Comment